Co-op Employer Program
Hiring co-op students is a cost-effective strategy for small businesses looking for motivated, qualified staff. These programs give students the chance to apply their classroom knowledge to a work setting and gain hands-on experience.
The City of St. Albert’s Economic Development department has partnered with NAIT and the St. Albert and District Chamber of Commerce to develop a business co-op program in St. Albert.
Your business can:
- Access a pool of highly skilled and qualified individuals
- Fill temporary or short-term staffing needs
- Gain fresh ideas from the students
- Reduce your recruitment and training costs
- Apply for wage subsidies to help reduce labour costs
- Provide your current employees with an opportunity to gain leadership experience by mentoring a co-op student
Why Hire a NAIT Bachelor of Business Administration Co-op Student?
NAIT BBA students are highly motivated and will bring fresh ideas and perspective to your workplace. Students come from fields of study in:
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Human Resources Management
- General Business
Co-op Placement Requirements
Work terms are typically four, eight or 12 months in length starting in January, May or September. Students are expected to work at least 35 hours per week (or a minimum of 525 hours in a four-month term). Co-op placements should be meaningful and allow students to gain real-world experience in their field of study.
Subsidy Programs Available
Subsidy programs exist to make it cost-effective for companies to host student talent. With subsidies, your company could pay only $4,500 - $7,500 (or $8.50 to $14.25 per hour).
For More Information or To Apply Contact
In Partnership With
The City of St. Albert, NAIT and the St. Albert and District Chamber of Commerce have partnered together to create a new work integrated learning initiative.