What is the St. Albert & District Chamber of Commerce about?
The St. Albert and District Chamber of Commerce is a membership-based organization that provides services and events to meet the needs of the community and its members. Our organization serves as a forum for discussing and analyzing issues, trends, and opportunities that impact our members and the local business community. We also keep our members informed about changes in government policies and economic conditions that may affect their businesses. In addition, we actively advocate on behalf of our members in dealing with legislators and government officials. We are committed to promoting the interests of our members and improving the overall image of the local business community.
Our community has a thriving business environment.
The St. Albert and District Chamber of Commerce is a champion of ideas; leading, inspiring and advocating for our community, facilitating change and growth while creating a fertile environment for businesses, partnerships, and residents.
- Integrity: We act ethically with honesty and transparency and professionalism. It's not just about doing the right thing; it's about doing it the right way.
- Creativity: We explore better ways to serve our members and community. Potential and possibility drive us to ask 'what if?'
- Passion: We are enthusiastic about what we consider, undertake, and promote. We are invested in our projects and take pride in our accomplishments. Our work is important to us.
- Collaboration: We use approaches that are open and inclusive. Together we achieve more than we ever could on our own. We are a collection of driven individuals who want to see business succeed.
- Advocacy: We champion the cause of others to the greater benefit of all. We facilitate real change through our work with many levels of chambers and government.
- Relevance: We exist because our members see value in our work. We are an effective organization working on behalf of members to provide services and solutions to their needs, and those of the broader community.
- 1984 – Chamber of the Year – ACC
- 2006 – ALTO (Alberta Tourism Awards from Travel Alberta)
- 2008 – Market Motivator – Farmers’ Market Association of Alberta
- 2015 – AMMY Award for the St. Albert Visitor Welcome Centre – Excellence in Visitor Services.
- 2016 – Lynda Moffat – Pres & CEO – Executive of the Year - ACC
- 2017 – Sustainable Tourism ALTO Award
- 2020 – Alberta Business Community Attraction Award of Distinction
- Reader’s Choice (Gazette) 2015-2022 – St. Albert Farmers' Market